It has been said — "We must begin to believe that God, in the mystery of prayer, has entrusted us with a force that can move the Heavenly world, and can bring its power down to earth. (Andrew Murray). We seek a move of God in our lives, our homes, our community and our world. Prayer is essential for helping us discern the mind of God and aligning our hearts with His. As this happens, we believe God will be pleased and will work among us and through us!
At New Hope we pray —
- Because God commands us to pray and He reveals Himself to us through prayer (Jeremiah 29:12-13)
- Because God invited us to bring our burdens and needs to Him (Matthew 11:28-29)
- Because God responds to the prayers of his sons and daughters (James 5:16)
- Faithfully and fervently with perseverance (Luke 18:1)
- For our spiritual leaders that they might have protection and proclaim the Gospel with boldness (Ephesians 6:19-20)
- For increased unity in the body of Christ (John 17:20-22)
- For wisdom and guidance (Colossians 1:9-10)
- For forgiveness and strength to resist temptation (1 John 1:9)
- For those who are not Christ followers (Matthew 9:38)
- For our politicians and community leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-3)
- In faith (James 5:15), according to God’s will (Romans 8:27), in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord (John 16:23-24)
Come join us for prayer every Sunday morning at 9:00 AM. Come forward to pray with others following each worship service. Come join us in praying for one another as monthly we each take time to select five new church family members to pray for.