Children & Youth
It is abundantly clear from the words of Jesus in Matthew 18:1-6 & 19:13,14 that children are greatly loved by our Lord! What would a church be without children? One of the great blessings and responsibilities God gives to us as a community of believers is to model faith and godliness for our children while instructing them in the ways of the Lord.
While we believe it is the primary responsibility of the parents to instruct their children in the Christian life, it is our desire at New Hope to help strengthen and support families, as well as to provide spiritual nurturing for children, who for various reasons, have little opportunity to learn about God. We do this in the following ways:
- WORSHIP — believing in the importance of children experiencing the beauty of the family worshipping together, all children are included in Sunday morning worship as we gather each week
- CARE — loving care is provided for those of nursery and toddler age
- INSTRUCTION — with a strong emphasis on the importance of valuing God’s truth in our lives, Sunday School classes are provided for ages pre-school through 12 years old, and are taught by dedicated teachers and helpers who are supplied with quality teaching material
- PRAYER — congregational prayer is offered for our children each Sunday, along with prayer for the families throughout the week by church leaders and our prayer team
- PROTECTION — as we implement ministries at New Hope, we seek to guard against encouraging over commitment by family members that might hinder the importance of families spending quality time together
Jr. & Sr. High Fellowship
Young people today are constantly bombarded with outside influences. Some of these are good; some are bad. But in this ever growing trend of relativism, youth need to know the truth of God and how it applies to their lives. Our desire is to train our young people to know the truth of God and to understand how to combat lies that confront them everyday by this culture.
Jr. & Sr. High Fellowship provides an environment that encourages the growth of personal relationships with God and with others through prayer, the study of God’s Word, accountability, and social events. It is the goal of the leaders to help young adults grow in their knowledge of God so they can stand firm in His truth whether at home, school, or the work place.
We meet on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month from 6 - 8 PM for a time of fellowship, teaching, and prayer. Our meeting place varies, so please contact Hannah Whitehouse for the details on a specific date.
If you would like additional information about this ministry, or to view upcoming events, please view our church calendar or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.